Tactical Operations Center (TOC)
- The TOC serves as the unit’s command and control hub, assisting the commander in synchronizing operations.
- The TOC is the location where the majority of the planning, staff coordination, and monitoring of key events occurs.
- The personnel manning the TOC are responsible for ensuring that all resources are in the right place at the right time.
- They must function efficiently and effectively as a team in a fast-paced, unforgiving environment – this is no simple task for an inexperienced staff officer or NCO to accomplish.
- Each member of the TOC must understand the overall function of the TOC and how they individually and collectively contribute.
Current manuals provide little detail on the specific doctrinal methods of running a Tactical Operations Center (TOC). However, there are six basic TOC functions which we will focus on:
- Receive information.
- Distribute information.
- Analyze information.
- Submit recommendations to the commander.
- Integrate resources.
- Synchronize resources.
Each of these functions are critical and interrelated. The order in which these functions occur may vary at times.
Download our TOC Operations powerpoint Class from here.